Heyday Begins Construction on Single-Family Rental Community In Milwaukee’s Southern Suburb of Oak Creek
Heyday Oak Creek First to Offer Trending Build-For-Rent Housing Community Boasting Upscale Single-Family-Style Living to Meet Demand for Fastest Growing Renter Populations – Millennials and Baby Boomers
Heyday developers have broken ground on Heyday Oak Creek, a 130-unit, 47 acre upscale single-family attached rental community, bringing the national build-for-rent trend in housing communities to Southern Wisconsin. Located at the southeast corner of W. Puetz Road and 27th Street in Oak Creek, this is Heyday’s second Wisconsin built-for-rent development designed to offer residents a true sense of community and single-family style living without the hassle of ownership.
“Oak Creek is one of the fastest growing cities in Milwaukee County, and we’re very proud to bring this unique concept in rental housing to residents who appreciate neighborhood and single-family style living, “says Josh Wohlreich, principal and co-founder of Heyday. “Heyday Oak Creek offers a housing solution sought by the fastest growing renter generations — millennials and baby boomers.”
Heyday Oak Creek rental homes are ideal for those who can’t afford to purchase a home because of today’s high interest rates, choose not to purchase or are downsizing to opt for a ‘lock and leave,’ no maintenance lifestyle. This new concept in housing development is helping close the gap on the nearly 6M shortage of homes across the country. (Source: National Rental Home Council)
Rental Reinvented: Heyday Oak Creek brings distinctive features within an intimate neighborhood including:
- Single-level living with one- to three-bedroom, pet-friendly ranch style rental homes.
- Private addresses and attached two-car garages each with personal electrical vehicle electrical outlets.
- High-end finishes such as Shaker wood cabinetry, quartz countertops, stainless steel appliances, luxury vinyl plank wood flooring, LED lighting, melamine closet systems and Symmons plumbing fixtures.
- A “Heyday Hub” – a multipurpose room directly off the garage offering a place for coats and shoes, extra storage, side-by-side laundry, and a built-in desk.
- Both private patios and covered porches accompany each home with access to community bike and walking paths connecting to adjacent residential neighborhoods, an expansive dog park, and a community garden.
“Heyday Oak Creek will be a unique rental community offering ranch style apartment homes within a serene, park-like community, conveniently close to downtown Milwaukee, Milwaukee Mitchell International airport and Drexel Town Center,” says Ryan Swingruber, Heyday principal and co-founder.
Heyday Oak Creek leasing is expected to begin in early 2024. For information, visit www.heydayoc.com.
Heyday co-founders and principals Ryan Swingruber and Joshua Wohlreich met nearly a decade ago and together led the development efforts for 2,500 class-A multifamily units representing $650M in ground up development across the United States. Noticing a void in the Midwest marketplace, Wohlreich and Swingruber established Heyday in 2020 with a mission to develop class A 170-unit single-family attached rental communities. Two Wisconsin projects are underway, with Heyday Sun Prairie now welcoming residents and Heyday Oak Creek beginning construction on 130 single-family attached rental homes available in 2024. Multiple developments are on the horizon. Corporate offices are located at 3400 W. Stonegate Blvd, Ste. 25-00, Arlington Heights, IL 60005. Visit www.heydayco.com for more information.
* According to the National Rental Home Council